“Your Conference. Your way.”
SSWAA’s 2020 Virtual National Conference will be held June 29th and 30th.
The New York State School Social Workers’ Association was again pleased to partner with the School Social Work Association of America in providing New York state approved CEUs for their Virtual Conference:“SSWAA Summer Smorgasbord: Your Conference – Your Way”. Sessions focused on needed content around the COVID-19 pandemic and how to address related issues as school social workers plan to return to campus in the fall including SEL, grief & loss, trauma-informed strategies, telehealth,ethics, addressing inequity, planning with administrators, engaging parents,planning for the fall, and more!
“The Conference Brochure gives descriptions of each session; the speakers bios introduce you to our amazing panel of presenters; the CEU Procedures guide describes the process for receiving CEUs through the ‘on-demand’ platform. ”
The Bad News: Time Has Run Out to Register & Access Sessions
- DEADLINE: The deadline to watch all sessions was August 30, 2020.
NYSSSWA Cancellation Policy: Cancellations and refund requests must be in writing before June 24, 2020. After June 24, 2020, there will be no refunds.
Evaluations: PLEASE READ
- The New York State Education Department (NYSED) has very specific requirements in order to provide NY approved CEUs. Part of those requirements include the need for you to evaluate each sessions’ Learning Objectives. As a result individualized evaluations must be set up for each session and SSWAA’s generic evaluations do not count. That is why instructions from SSWAA and NYSSSWA for NY attendees have been to stop after passing the “quiz” and do the NYSSSWA evaluations and NOT the SSWAA evaluations.
- Complete New York’s Evaluations Click here to Access Evaluations.
- All evaluations are linked in order, for easier completion. When finished with a session, you can hit the blue “Next” which will take you to the next session.
- You also will be given an option to link to the entire list to select a session.
- You should be able to complete your evaluations as you go. Just DO NOT CLICK DONE until you are completely finished with all sessions or the system won’t let you back in. If that happens, you will need to access from a different browser/computer and complete those sessions you have not finished. You do not have to start over. I can combine your responses on the back end.
- If you did not attend a session, you can select “N/A”
- We will need to verify your attendance with information from SSWAA regarding people’s log in/log off so this may take a while to coordinate since sessions will be accessed “on demand” at various times between July 7 and August 30. Update: Attendance Report Received 9/14/2020.
- Nothing is automatic. The release of CEUs is a manual process so please allow time for processing all required components.
- Once all required components have been verified, workshops will be individually selected and certificates will be released the first part of August for those who have completed all of their sessions and evaluations.
- You will be able to access and print via your 123Signup account. Be sure to use the same email address you used to register with. See: How to Print Your CEU Certificate
New York State School Social Workers’ Association is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0057