“Your Conference. Your way.”
SSWAA’s 2020 Virtual National Conference will be held June 29th and 30th.
The New York State School Social Workers’ Association is again pleased to partner with the School Social Work Association of America in providing New York state approved CEUs for their Virtual Conference:“SSWAA Summer Smorgasbord: Your Conference – Your Way”. Sessions will focus on needed content around the COVID-19 pandemic and how to address related issues as school social workers plan to return to campus in the fall including SEL, grief & loss, trauma-informed strategies, telehealth,ethics, addressing inequity, planning with administrators, engaging parents,planning for the fall, and more!
“The Conference Brochure gives descriptions of each session; the speakers bios introduce you to our amazing panel of presenters; the CEU Procedures guide describes the process for receiving CEUs through the ‘on-demand’ platform. ”
SSWAA Has Re-Opened Registration for the Virtual National Conference!
(Must Register between July 2 and midnight Eastern time on Thursday, July 9.)
Registration will be open for 1 week. Since you are registering after the live event, you will ONLY have access to this event in the “on-demand” format. You will still have access to all 16 sessions for up to 16 CEUs in the on-demand platform. See Program.
- Register with SSWAA for on-demand access. SSWAA Members: $150, SSWAA Non-Members: $199. SSWAA is partnering with states to try and help! SSWAA will be donating a portion of the event proceeds to states who participate. When you register, be sure to enter this code as a NY Attendee: V20-NY
Registration Deadline: Thursday, 7-9-2020 at Midnight.
- Register with NYSSSWA for NY approved CEUs. As you may know, the New York State Education Department has very specific criteria that must be met in order for a presentation to be approved as well as for the release of CEU Certificates. As a result, a lot of time is required to vet and process CEUs. Due to these administrative costs, NYSSSWA is charging the following for the provision of New York CEUs:
- NYSSSWA Members CEU Fee: $25 NYSSSWA Non-Members CEU Fee: $45
- If you already have an account with NYSSSWA, please use the same email address. The use of a different email will establish a different account and system confusion.
- Need Help? See “How to Log In and Register for an Event” for step by step assistance.
NYSSSWA Cancellation Policy: Cancellations and refund requests must be in writing before June 24, 2020. There is a $10.00 cancellation fee to cover the administrative costs associated with refunding your CEU registration fee. Cancellations and refund requests must be in writing before June 24, 2020. This must be in the form of an email sent to Member.email@example.com”. After June 24, 2020, there will be no refunds.
- You will be sent information from SSWAA on how to access the on-demand sessions.
- You can access any session between July 7 and August 30.
- You are required to watch the full session and complete a post-test.
- NY attendees can then exit that session and complete the New York Evaluation (See Below)
- Complete New York’s Evaluations (Note: Survey Monkey will be shut down July 3 for maintenance.)
- All evaluations are linked in order, for easier completion. When finished with a session, you can hit the blue “Next” which will take you to the next session.
- You also will be given an option to link to the entire list to select a session.
- You should be able to complete your evaluations as you go. Just DO NOT CLICK DONE until you are completely finished with all sessions or the system won’t let you back in. If that happens, you will need to access from a different browser/computer and complete those sessions you have not finished. You do not have to start over. I can combine your responses on the back end.
- I will need to verify your attendance with information from SSWAA regarding people’s log in/log off so this may take a while to coordinate since sessions will be accessed “on demand” at various times between July 7 and August 30.
- Nothing is automatic. The release of CEUs is a manual process so please allow time for processing all required components.
- Every Saturday: Because of the long period of time that people can access workshops, I will not be able to monitor this on a daily basis. I will check on evaluations as well as check with SSWAA on log in/out information on July 11 as well as every Saturday after that.
- Once all required components have been verified, workshops will be individually selected and certificates will be released.
- You will be able to access and print via your 123Signup account. Be sure to use the same email address you used to register with. See: How to Print Your CEU Certificate
- DEADLINE: The deadline to watch all sessions and complete your evaluations is August 30, 2020.
Note: Purchase Orders are NOT accepted by SSWAA. Please have your district use their credit card to register you using your email address.
For NYSSSWA: If you are submitting a purchase order but do not know your Purchase Order number when you register, you can put “pending” for the date and then submit later as follows:
- Be sure to provide a copy of your invoice to your district’s accounts payable department for payment.
- See How To Print Your Invoice and Pay for Event.
- Please instruct your district to include your invoice on any communications as well as the check for payment.
NYCDOE Vendor Number: NEW668575
Approved P.O.s should be faxed to: (315) 624-1266 Attention Tricia or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send checks to: NYSSSWA, 264 Rider Road, Clayville, NY 13322