The New York State School Social Workers’ Association (NYSSSWA) is the only NYS professional association dedicated solely to the visibility and viability of School Social Workers and the students and families that we serve.
NYSSSWA is dedicated to the visibility, viability and the continued growth of the School Social Work profession.
- offer opportunities for professional development to SSW who implement quality school based mental health and wellness services to students, families and communities
- represent SSW at national, state, and local levels on committees designed to promote the role of SSW
- provide strategies and interventions to address the unique needs of every student, pre-k-12, in becoming healthy and productive citizens of the 21st century
- maintain an active association membership, and to continued efforts to expand the membership
- Commitment to those who have historically been marginalized and oppressed in the accessing of an equitable education and comprehensive School Social Worker services.
NYSSSWA’s Goals include:
- Representing, enhancing awareness of, advocating for and protecting our profession.
- Advocating for high quality services for student learners.
- Providing a networking community of School Social Workers to provide support and resources.
- Encouraging School Social Work research and facilitating resource sharing.
- Interpreting the role of School Social Workers to boards of education, administration and the community.
- Disseminating School Social Work information to school social workers throughout the state.
- Providing professional development that is approved by the New York State Office of Professions for continuing education hours.
- Offering regional problem solving support.
Members Make Our Mission Possible:
The New York State School Social Workers’ Association (NYSSSWA) is the only professional association dedicated solely to the visibility and viability of School Social Workers in New York State. Members are essential to our ability to support you and our profession.
Register and Join NYSSSWA or Renew your membership Today!
Need help? See Tutorials.