The New York State School Social Workers’ Association (NYSSSWA) is the only NYS professional association dedicated solely to the visibility and viability of School Social Workers and the students and families that we serve.
NYSSSWA’s Goals include:
- Representing, enhancing awareness of, advocating for and protecting our profession
- Advocating for high quality services for student learners
- Encouraging school social worker research and facilitating resource sharing
- Interpreting the role of school social work to boards of education, administration and the community
- Disseminating School Social Work information to school social workers throughout the state
- Providing professional development that is approved by the New York State Office of Professions for continuing education hours
- Offering regional problem solving support
Members Make Our Mission Possible:
The New York State School Social Workers’ Association (NYSSSWA) is the only professional association dedicated solely to the visibility and viability of School Social Workers in New York State. Members are essential to our ability to support you and our profession.