The New York State School Social Workers Association (NYSSSWA) is the only professional association dedicated solely to the visibility and viability of School Social Workers in New York State.
NYSSSWA’s Benefits Include:
- Website filled with professional resources. [Please provide a small space between each bullet item]
- A State Board of regional representatives who focus on issues critical to members of NYSSSWA
- Political Action committee whose focus is on state and federal legislation
- Professionals available to advise and support.
- The Networker, our periodic newsletter of up to date information from around the state.
- Electronic News Updates.
- Regional meetings (in most areas) provide professional growth and networking.
- Annual Statewide conferences that provide professional development and opportunities for networking.
- Representation at the NYS Council of Education Associations
- Your voice at New York State Education Department
- Your voice in Washington through our affiliation with our National counterpart, the School Social Work Association of America.
- Discounted rate of $95 for your individual SSWAA membership which provides $250,000 of malpractice insurance. Join SSWAA Today or click here to renew your SSWAA membership.