Sponsored by the School Social Work Association of America
The 23rd National School Social Work Conference(sm) sponsored by the School Social Workers Association of America will be held Wednesday March 18 – 21, 2020 in Baltimore Maryland. The annual SSWAA Conference is the only national conference devoted exclusively to the School Social Work profession! Read more.
New York CEUs:
The New York State School Social Workers’ Association (NYSSSWA) is again pleased to partner with SSWAA to provide up to 20 New York approved CEUs to New York attendees for SSWAA’s National Conference. We are pleased to say that ALL sessions have been approved with the exception of the afternoon Pre-Conference F-1 Hill Visits.
Date: March 18 – 21, 2020
Where: Baltimore, MD
Hotel: Renaissance Baltimore Harbor Place Hotel, 202 East Pratt Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202
For more information see Event Details.
New York State School Social Workers’ Association is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board of Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #SW-0057
In order to receive New York Approved CEUs, you must:
- Review SSWAA’s Brochure for NYSSSWA approved CEUs. (You can select and attend any workshops, but will not obtain CEUs for any “Unapproved” sessions.)
- Register with SSWAA for the conference.
- Register with NYSSSWA for New York CEUs.
- Sign in and sign out of each NYSSSWA approved workshop/keynote presentation at the beginning and end of the session,
- Complete all the Workshop/Keynote Evaluations (DO NOT USE RESULTS AT HAND application for NY CEUs.)
- Since all evaluations are linked for easier completion, have your list of attended workshops available to help you navigate through the forms.
CEU Registration Rates:
As you may know, the New York State Education Department has very specific criteria that must be met in order for a presentation to be approved as well as for the release of CEU Certificates. As a result, a lot of time is required to vet and process CEUs. Due to these administrative costs, NYSSSWA will be charging the following for the provision of New York CEUs:
NYSSSWA Members: $30
- NYSSSWA Membership plus CEU fee: $90 (We hope you will take advantage of this savings and become a NYSSSWA Member–normally $85!)
- CEU Fee Without Membership: $60.
For more information and assistance see:
After the conference, instructions to access and print your certificates will be provided with your evaluation confirmation email. Please note: Certificates are released individually so will not be available prior to verification of all components is complete. Since this is a multi-step manual procedure coordinated with SSWAA, please allow up to 2- 3 weeks for processing.