New York State
State Education Department Issues Guidance to Reopen New York State Schools. Source: 7-16-2020. New York State Education Department
- COVID-19 and Students Experiencing Homelessness. Source: NYSTeachs.
- Find Your New York Regional Food Bank. New York interactive map to locate food banks
- IDEA Questions and Answers on Providing Services to Children with Disabilities During the Cornovirus Disease 2019 Outbreak Source: U.S. Department of Education also referenced to by NYSED
- Managing Emergency Health Care and Communicable Diseases In the School Setting (24 pages) Source: NYSED & the University of the State of New York. 2019
- New York Project Hope helps New Yorkers understand their reaction and emotions during the #COVID19 pandemic. Through an emotional support helpline, educational materials, and trusted resources, NY Project Hope helps people manage the changes brought on by COVID-19. Source: NYS Office of Mental Health
- New York State Education Department on COVID-19 Source: NYSED
- New York State Education Department and New York’s Public Television Stations Announce Expanded Remote Learning During Statewide School Closure Source: NYSED
- New York State Department of Health. Includes updates from Governor Cuomo. Keep checking back
- New York State Department of Mental Health
- *Preliminary Guidance on the Preparation for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak in New York State Source: NYSED
- Telepractice Guidance-General Source: NYSED
- Telepractice Guidance: Social Work Source: NYSED
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Recent Guidance and NYC Case Data Source: New York City Health
- New York City Coronavirus Parent Letters–in multiple languages Source: NYC Department of Health
- NYC COVID-19 Resources and Information for Immigrants in Spanish. 4/12/2020 Source: Estamos Unidos, Mixteca Organization
- NYC and New Jersey COVID-19 Resources in Portuguese Nice 12 page document with graphics. Source: KILOMBA Black Brazilian Women Collective
- NYC & Tri-County Areas’ Resources for Vulnerable Populations 13 pages of resources. Updated every Wednesday by health.nyc.gov.
- NYC allow Zoom (once again) for remote learning. Source: Zimmerman, A. & Veiga. C. 5/6/2020. Chalkbeat of New York
- RAISE: Undocu Workers Fund NYC The Undocu Workers Fund is a grassroots effort to provide monetary, immediate relief to individuals/families in mini-grants of $200
- State Senator Jessica Ramos COVID Resource Guide Spanish Version. 20 pages of resources. Updated 4/6/2020. Senator Ramos
- White Plains/Westchester Resources List COVID-19 In Spanish. 24 pages of resources. Source: City of White Plains?
Photo by Michael Iwasaki. DreamstimeFree
Response Resources: NYSSSWA Membership Dollars At Work
The New York State School Social Workers’ Association (NYSSSWA) is the only professional association dedicated solely to the visibility and viability of School Social Workers in New York State. Members are essential to our ability to support you and our profession. If you are not a member, join us today so we can continue to provide advocacy and services on your behalf.