“Educators, students, families, and communities across the country are returning to school for a new academic year. Back-to-school season is a time of possibility, hope, and opportunity. It’s a time to build on the progress of the previous year, and to dream about all that is possible for a successful future.” The U.S. Department of Education has set 4 priorities for the 2022-2023 school year and have made available several resources. Check them out. Source: U.S. Department of Education
U.S. Department of Education’s Priorities
- Support the Health and Safety of Students, School Personnel and Families See Resources.
- Build School Communities, and Support Students’ Social, Emotional, and Mental Health See Resources.
- Accelerate Academic Achievement See Resources.
- Support Educator and Staff Stability and Well Being See Resources.
- Back to School — NYSED Resources are available from the New York State Education Department as schools and districts prepare to welcome students back to school.
- Back to School COVID Guidance 2022-2023 — NYSED.
- Bracing for the Worst, Hoping for the Best: A Country Holds its Breath as Children Return to School. ” A report released this summer by NWEA, the education research and assessment organization, shows that parents and educators shouldn’t expect a full recovery this year – or even next. Elementary schoolers might need up to three years to fully recover, and middle schoolers might need five. And especially for students who stayed remote the longest…” Read more. Source: Camera. L. 8-12-2022. U.S. News & World Reports
- Fact Sheet: Back to School 2022: Giving Every School the Tools to Prevent COVID-19 Spread and Stay Safely Open All Year Long. Source: 8/2022. White House
- Social Emotional Learning — NYSED Resources
- Surgeon General Advisory Raises Alarm on Youth Mental Health. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy sounded the alarm last year when he issued a rare warning about a rapid uptick in anxiety, depression and self-harm among children is worsening. Source: Johnson.S. 12/7/2021. U.S. News & World Report.