Note: Most webinars provide no CEUs. For those that provide CEUs, no arrangements have been made for NY CEU approval.
- The School Social Work Network (SSWN) is offering “Lunchtime Live Chats: SSW in COVID-19” They will be at 11:00 a.m. CDT Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Click Here for more information.
- SAMHSA: Training and Technical Assistance Webinars Related to COVID-19. 6/2020 to 7/7/2020 See list of upcoming webinars.
- Alternative Education SSW During a Pandemic: April 22, 2020 Sponsored by the School Social Work Network (Working on find the link.)
- Coronavirus Information, Resources & Considerations For [School Social Work] Services During School Shutdown Shared with permission from Steve Whitmore. Includes practice considerations, On-line platforms, tips for teleconferences, etc.
- “Elementary SSW During A Pandemic,” Kristin Miller et.al. 4/16/2020 Elementary school social workers who share how they are “doing” SSW during this COVID-19 crisis. They shared their successes and struggles and invite all of you to continue to share what you’re doing to meet the needs of your elementary schools. No CEUs. Source: School Social Work Network
- Ethics in an Epidemic by Jim Raines, School Social Work Association of America (Jim has authored several books for Oxford Press on School Social Work ethics.)
SSWAA members still can access this webinar recording but will not be able to receive CEUs.
- Ethical Considerations: Counseling in a Virtual Setting Scott Carchedi with School Social Work Network (SSWN) noted: “This one was a little long and choppy, but there were some nuggets of helpful content. If you’re short on time, I recommend reading the FAQ summary from the webinar. ” Source: American School Counselors Association Thank you SSWN for this resource.
- FAQ Summary Regarding Virtual Counseling Ethics Source: ASCA
- High School SSW During a Pandemic; Lisa Johnson, et.al. April 20, 2020 No CEUs. Sponsored by the School Social Work Network
- Middle School SSW During a Pandemic April 23, 2020 Sponsored by the School Social Work Network
- Pre-K/Early Childhood SSW During a Pandemic April 23, 2020 Sponsored by the School Social Work Network
- Supporting Our Kids From a Distance: Tools & Strategies to Provide SEL & SpEd Services by Eric Santos & Marjorie Colindres. 3/31/2020. School Social Work Network. In this Zoom workshop, Technology Learning Coach Eric Santos and School Social Worker and SSWN Senior Contributor Marjorie Colindres provide a range of online tools and strategies that School Social Workers can use to provide services to their students and families during the COVID-19 crisis. It also includes a list of SEL resources. No CEUs
- Telemental Health 101 No CEUs. Jennifer Cox et.al. 3/30/2020 Source: University of Maryland National Center for School Mental Health
Response Resources: NYSSSWA Membership Dollars At Work
The New York State School Social Workers’ Association (NYSSSWA) is the only professional association dedicated solely to the visibility and viability of School Social Workers in New York State. Members are essential to our ability to support you and our profession. If you are not a member, join us today so we can continue to provide advocacy and services on your behalf.