Welcome to NYSSSWA’s New Website!
We are very excited to finally launch our new website! We hope you will enjoy the new format and numerous resources. Please continue to check back as we continue to develop additional webpages to assist you.
As many of you know, NYSSSWA has also recently developed a better membership and conference registration system with 123Signup. Now NYSSSWA’s website is completely integrated to 123Signup! In order to “Login” to the website, please use your membership 123Signup username (your email address) and your 123Signup membership password. If you forgot your password, you will be directed on how to obtain a new password.
Connecting with and serving students, families and schools, the New York State School Social Workers’ Association (NYSSSWA) is the only NYS professional association dedicated solely to the visibility and viability of School Social Workers and the students and families that we serve.
Role of SCHOOL
School Social Workers, in New York State, are licensed mental health professionals as well as certified by the NYS Office of Teaching as School Social Workers. Responsibilities include:
- Conflict mediation & resiliency building
- Community referral and liaison
- Crisis Intervention
- Violence Prevention/Intervention
- Youth suicide prevention & intervention
Board in Action
Top Priorities that we are addressing now:
- Inclusion in a “Comprehensive School Counseling Program”- both in program development and delivery of services
- NYSUT adoption of policies that support School Social Work
- Identifying mental health needs and services as a critical component of a Safe Schools Plan in NYS
National News: SSWAA’s Letter of Response to National Divisions November 16, 2016Read More >